Pritam Ghosal is born into a musical family. Pritam’s first lesson on Sarod started at an early when he came into contact with Shri Pranab Naha a noted Sarod player in Kolkata. After three years of Taleem, Pritam was very fortunate to have received blessings from the Great Sarod Maestro and Visionary Ustaad Amjad Ali Khan Sahab. In 1995 He accepted Pritam as His disciple. From then, Pritam has been extremely fortunate to be graced by the extensive Taleem and Guidance not only towards music but also towards leading a meaningful life, from his Guru. With His blessings Pritam has been also fortunate to have received excellent chance to perform in several music concerts in India and abroad as well.
1. He has performed for ETV (Urdu).
2. He was invited to perform as a guest artist at the Annual Programme of the organization Sankalp, Meerut.
3. On 18th February 2003 and 11th June 2009 he performed at India Habitat Centre the very prestigious stage in New Delhi.
4. Pritam has performed at the prestigious stages in Kolkata like Birla Academy, Birla Sabhaghar, Madhusudan Manch and Sisir Manch.
5. He was invited to perform at the ITC Sangeet Sammelan, Mumbai.
6. In the year 2007 December he has performed at the Delhi International Arts Festival(Youth Festival) in Delhi.
7. He has performed at Epicenter the prestigious stage in Gurgaon, Haryana.
8. He has performed In the prestigious music festival called “Lalitarpan” at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
9. Privileged to Perform in ‘Vasantotsava’ 2014 held in the occasion of Pt. Birju Maharaj ji’s 76th Birthday celebrations.
10. Performed in a Baithak Concert at the India Habitat Centre named "Gunijan baithak".
11. Performed at the very prestigious venue in Gaya named "Renaissance".
12. Performed a duet with Lalitha Veena Player Shri L.R. Vishwanathan at 'NatNaagar' an evening of music and dance decorated to felicitate Pandit Krishna Mohan Misra on his 60th Birthday at Kamani Auditorium.
13. Performed at Subah-e-Banaras morning concert series at Assi Ghat, Varanasi.
14. Performed at The Birth Centenary Celebration of the Tabla Maestro Pandit Acharya Ashutosh Bhattacharya in Tulsi Ghat, Varanasi.
15. He has been very fortunate to perform at The Sarod Ghar in Gwalior and paid his offerings through his Sarod.
16. Pritam has been extremely fortunate to have performed at Guru-Shishya Parampara Festival named "Diksha" held at IGNCA in New Delhi, organised by Sarod Ghar in collaboration with IGNCA.
1. In 2004 he traveled to Switzerland with the sufi exponent Dr. Madan Gopal Singh to perform at a festival 'Another Passage to India' in Geneva and Zurich.
2. In 2005 he has traveled with the group Chaar Yaar to Italy for a Residency programme called "SOUND RES“.
3. He was invited to participate for the Kleins Festival in Hanover, Germany in July 2006.
4. He has performed at the World Book Fair and India Festival in Frankfurt, Germany in October 2006
5. In 2006 December he was invited to perform at Tehran in Iran on a 3 day music festival.
6. He has performed at the prestigious “BOZAR” festival in Brussels, Belgium in January 2007.
7. With Dr. Madan Gopal Singh he went to Kathmandu in Nepal to perform for an Organisation called "HIMAL”
8. Performed at the "Queen Elizabeth Hall" at South Bank Centre in London in a production called "Fanah Ranjha Revisited" from the reputed Bharatnatyam dancer Navtej Johar. The lyrics and the music in this production has been composed by eminent sufi singer and scholar Dr. Madan Gopal Singh.
9. Performed in a Six city tour in Belgium with a Trio called “Kurta Environment” with the Bassist Pieter Leanerts and the multi-percussionist Suchet Malhotra performed at a very prestigious venue Zuiderpershius in Antwerp, Belgium.
9. Performed with the sufi exponent and scholar Dr. Madan Gopal Singh and the Harmonic Choir exponent Sir David Hykes at the Historical Venue The Submarine Base in Bordeaux, France.
10. He Participated with The Group Dr. Madan Gopal Singh and Chaar Yaar at Parramasala Festival in Sydney, Australia.
11. Along with the group Chaar Yaar he has performed at the very prestigious International Sufi festival held in World Art Centre, Vancouver, Canada.